What To Do if You are NOT Generating Enough Sales
As we covered in the previous articles, when it comes to marketing board games and card games, there are many marketing strategies that you can use to drive sales. However, it’s not always easy to see the results you’re looking for, even after implementing your marketing efforts.
If you’re not generating enough sales, there are some steps you can take to increase your customer acquisition value and optimize your marketing strategy.
Increase Customer Acquisition Value
- Offer a second copy of the game at a discounted price: Consider offering customers a discount on their second purchase of the same game. This will increase your customer acquisition value and incentivize customers to make another purchase.
- Bundle products: You can also offer bundled products, such as a game and a related item, at a discount. For example, you can bundle a game with a custom playmat, custom dice, or card sleeves. This will not only increase the value of the purchase but also incentivize customers to buy more than one item.
- Expansions and Additional Games: When customers make a purchase, offer them additional games you have designed. It can be an expansion to the existing game, or an additional new game you have just launched.
Remember, it costs you the same amount of money to acquire the customer even if he increased his order value. It is basically a free sale you have just made.
Revise your marketing strategy:
- Showcase user-generated content: Instead of using your own content in your ads, showcase user-generated content (UGC) to build trust with your potential customers. Encourage your current customers (or paid customers haha) to post pictures and videos of them playing your game and share them on social media platforms. This will create an authentic connection with your audience and generate more interest in your game.
- Redesign your website: If you’re not generating enough sales, consider redesigning your website. Explain and show your sell line in a different way, explain the benefits or present the overall experience in a better way. And just in case you haven’t done it already ensure that your website is mobile-responsive and easy to navigate and that your call-to-action is clear and visible.
- Change your ads / Consult a professional: If your current ads are not bringing in the desired results, consider changing your ad copy, images, or targeting. Consult a professional to check your ads and provide some input. There is also a chance you are not targeting the right audience.
In conclusion, generating sales from your marketing efforts can be challenging, but it’s not impossible. By increasing your customer acquisition value and revising your marketing strategy, you can optimize your efforts and achieve the results you’re looking for. Keep testing and iterating until you find the right mix that works for your game and your audience.
It is easier to give up than to keep believing in what you are doing. Give yourself another two months before you stop pushing your game and dream forward.
“A leader sees his target through the chaos, and he keeps moving forward until the chaos clears up and becomes a well-trodden path” – Hersh Feb 10th 2023